1.1 Disco Droid is an online data science company that provides reports on real estate and construction activity at a local and national level.
- “Personal Information” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify an individual directly or indirectly. Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, sex, occupation, or other demographic information.
2. Information We Collect
2.1 The Personal Information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Disco Droid, your Disco Droid account settings, the products and features you use, your location, and applicable law. However, the Personal Information we collect broadly falls into the following categories:
2.2 Information you provide to us: You (or your organization) may provide certain Personal Information to us when you sign up for a Disco Droid account and use the Service, consult with our customer service team, send us an email, or communicate with us in any other way. This information may include:
- Business contact information (such as your name, job title, organization, location, phone number, email address, and country) and business profile information (company annual revenues, number of employees, or industry);
- Marketing information (such as your contact preferences);
- Account log-in credentials (such as your email address or username and password when you sign up for an account with us);
- Troubleshooting and support data (which is data you provide or we otherwise collect in connection with support queries we receive from you. This may include contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with us, and the product or service you are using related to your help inquiry); and
- Payment information (including your credit card numbers and associated identifiers and billing address).
2.3 Information we collect automatically: When you use the Service, we may automatically collect or receive certain information about your device and usage of the Service.
2.4 Information we collect from other sources: we obtain information about individuals and entities from third-party sources, such as public databases. Examples of the sources and types of information we collect include building permit applications submitted to city and county permitting agencies (along with names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers) and county property records (along with names, addresses, and property tax data).
3. Use of Information We Collect
3.1 We may use the Personal Information we collect or receive through the Service (alone or in combination with other data we source) for the purposes and on the legal bases identified below:
- To bill and collect money owed to us by you. This includes sending you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, and alerting you if we need a different credit card number. We use third parties for secure credit card transaction processing, and those third parties collect billing information to process your orders and credit card payments.
- To communicate with you about your account and provide customer support.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements in reliance on our legitimate interests.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To perform analytics on public data, such as permit applications, real estate transactional records, and court records.
4. Sharing of Information
4.3 Other examples include analyzing data, hosting data, engaging technical support for our Service, processing payments, and delivering content.
4.4 In connection with our Service, we also use a third-party service provider, Twilio, Inc. for communicating with our customers by texting and calling. Twilio may need to collect and process certain Personal Information about you as a controller to provide such services. To learn more about Twilio’s privacy practices, please visit https://www.twilio.com/legal/privacy
4.5 We also use third-party service provider Mailchimp (operated by The Rocket Science Group) for communicating with our customers by email. Mailchimp may need to collect and process certain Personal Information about you as a controller to provide such services. To learn more about Mailchimp’s privacy practices, please visit https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
4.6 Disco Droid reserves the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect the Company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
5.1 Disco Droid may use common information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information as you navigate our website and emails. This section describes the types of navigational information that may be collected and how this information may be used.
5.3 Third-Party technologies – Disco Droid employs third parties to track and analyze usage of our website by using cookies, IP addresses, and other identifiers. Disco Droid may also use third-party technologies to track the performance of our advertisements. The information provided to third-parties does not include personal information, but this information may be re-associated with personal information by us or the third-party. The following is a current list of third-party technologies we employ (while we try to keep this up to date, we cannot promise all third-party technologies are listed):
6. Our Retention of Data
6.1 We retain Personal Information where we have an ongoing legitimate business or legal need to do so. Our retention periods will vary depending on the type of data involved, but, generally, we’ll refer to these criteria in order to determine retention period:
- Whether we have a legal or contractual need to retain the data.
- Whether the data is necessary to provide our Service.
- Whether our customers have the ability to access and delete the data.
- Whether our customers would reasonably expect that we would retain the data until they remove it or until their accounts are closed or terminated.
6.2 When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
7. Communications Preferences
7.1 You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails. Additionally, you may send a request specifying your communications preferences to email@example.com.
8.1 Disco Droid uses appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect Personal Information about our customers. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to your Personal Information despite our efforts. You should note that in using the Website and our related services, your information will travel through third party infrastructures which are not under our control.
9. Change of Control
9.1 As Disco Droid develops its business, it may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Personal Information about our customers is generally the type of business asset that will be transferred in these types of transactions. Disco Droid may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
10. Contacting Us
Thank you for reading about Disco Droid’s privacy policies. Last updated November 9, 2020.